Alexandru started his professional career in a leading Romanian business law firm, formerly the Romanian office of one of the best-known international law firms, where he gained significant experience in both dispute resolution and consultancy.
Even though his practice is mainly focused on white-collar crimes, his previous experience in complex matters pertaining to practice areas such as commercial, real estate, employment and banking, gave Alexandru the chance to acquire a better and easier understanding of the clients business and is currently helping him to have a wider perspective on the criminal cases he handles.
Examples of matters on which Alexandru assisted include:
- Advised the Romanian subsidiary of an important global manufacturer active in the automotive industry, in connection with multiple criminal cases regarding offences perpetrated by the company’s employees;
- Advised the subsidiary of a major German healthcare company in connection with multiple white-collar aspects;
- Assisted one of the largest investment fund in Romania on various criminal aspects related to the market abuse legislation;
- Assisted a former manager of one major Romanian public institution in a criminal case investigated by the National Anticorruption Department;
- Assisted a subsidiary of one of the world’s largest doors manufacturers in employment disputes with former mid-management members. Also, assisted the same company with regard to various insolvency related matters;
- Advised one the largest chemical producers in Romania in connection with the sale of its assets;
- Advised one of the world’s leading chemical companies in connection with various matters regarding the acquisition of real estate assets;
- Advised a major Austrian bank in connection with the financing of one of the largest Romanian players in the gambling sector;